Friday, December 12, 2008

On the Move...Or At Least Trying to Be. :)

Jaxon has been working on several developmental milestones lately. First he has been working on his back to tummy roll. As of last night he gets about 3/4 of the way around and then has trouble completing the roll because he hasn't figured out how to move his arm out of the way. Once that small obstacle is overcome I think he will be rolling over regularly. He tries often to do it and is getting further each day to making it all the way over (with his parents and grandparents cheering him on like he is an Olympic athlete running the race of his life). It is funny to me how such small accomplishments seem so big when it is your child doing them. I have been filming his attempts and plan to get the actual roll when he can do it. I will post them all when I get a spare moment.

The second feat he is attempting to accomplish is crawling. Now this is in its very beginning stages but I see it starting to happen. When in tummy time he is pushing up off his feet, putting his little butt up in the air and sometimes is face planting. He also is getting up on his knees sometimes too and is scooting backwards. If he has something or someone to push off of he is also propelling himself forward very clumsily. I know it will be a few months still before he is mobile but I can see it coming sooner than I expected. Time is flying and my little boy is growing up so quickly. I think it is time to start thinking about baby proofing the house. Yikes!





1 comment:

MommaBear said...

Way to go Jaxon! Evie's not even close to rolling yet and does little more than scream during tummy time. How do you get him to enjoy spending time on his belly?