Friday, July 23, 2010

Potty Training Update

Yesterday was the best day yet in our adventures in potty training. Jaxon had a near perfect 24 hours without an accident. I am SO proud of my little man. Here is the synopsis of our near perfect potty day:

My mom and I went shopping in the morning and took Jaxon. He had already got up dry and went to the bathroom on his own upon waking. Then while I was getting ready and he was playing in his room...he ran in and told me he had to go. AND he did plus not a single drop in his pull-up so he kept it on. Then we left for the mall. While my mom is trying on clothes he tells me AGAIN that he has to go potty. I run out to the cashier and ask where a restroom is and of course it is on the complete opposite corner of the store. I ask Jax to hold on and we run to the bathroom. I am expecting to change his pull-up but HE DIDN"T PEE IN IT!!! I put him on the toilet and he goes pee and poop right there. I was so happy that we did a happy dance right there in the bathroom (people probably thought we were nuts...or at least me).

Then we went to lunch at Red Robin and after eating on our way out to the car I ask him if he has to go. He says YES. AND he went again and still a DRY pull-up (yep that is the same pull-up from 7:30 in the morning at 1:00 in the afternoon). We took him home for a nap and he woke up DRY again and went on the potty upon waking. Then he played with my mom while I cleaned and went potty a few times in that period on his training toilet but he was wearing his pull-up the whole time. He ate dinner at 6:30 still wearing the same pull-up from the morning that was COMPLETELY DRY. I was so impressed. He finally had a small accident in his pull-up around 7:30 right before his bath. It doesn't matter because that was the best day and the hugest progress he has made yet. I think he may get this by September. YAY!

Just had to share my joy. It's working. It's really working!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I can’t believe he is doing so well and not even 2, I hope Conner is even half as successful as you guys have been. Way to go Jaxon!