Wednesday, February 11, 2009

6 Months Already!!!

Oh my goodness. How time does fly! My little baby boy is 6 months old today. What an amazing 6 months it has been. He has brought so much joy to our life and taught us so many things already. He is such a sweet and happy baby, constantly smiling and laughing. He knows what he wants and is not shy about expressing his desires, especially when it comes to eating. Anyone who has seen him attack me when he is hungry knows what I am talking about. He is persistent, active, and a complete and utter ham. He finds humor in the most everyday things such as sneezes, coughs, and head turns. He chews on everything and always loves to be standing. He hates socks and tries with all his power to keep them off or get them off once they are on. He loves bath time and reading books so you would think he would love bedtime but he hates going to sleep. He has been 100% breastfed the entire 6 months. He has not had one ounce of formula or baby food. He has gone from 6 lbs 10 oz at birth to what we believe to be at least 17 lbs currently all on mommy's milk. This I find to be an amazing feat considering the kid never stops moving thus I can't imagine how he is gaining weight except for the large volume of milk he must be consuming. He does not sleep through the night but does go 7 hour stretches and sleeps a total of 12 hours in the night. He loves to be out and about in the Baby Bjorn. He is a flirt and will flash anyone a smile who pays him enough attention. He appears to be allergic to dairy since his eczema has gone away since I eliminated it from my diet. He currently wears 9 month clothes but it won't be long until he outgrows the length of them and moves into 12 months. He loves Yoda, our pug, though Yoda is still deciding about him. I think he has had a good life so far and has given Drew and I much to be thankful about. I can't imagine loving anything more than Jaxon. He is such a gift and I am so thankful that I am his mommy.

Happy 6 months Jaxon!

Here are some current pics of him to mark the occasion.






No comments: