Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jaxon's First Supper

Jaxon turned 6 months on Wednesday and we had been waiting for him to turn that age to begin feeding him solids. So on Thursday we began the introduction of solids with HappyBellies organic rice cereal. Needless to say it went as expected with a majority of it on his face, the bib, and the high chair but he did seem to enjoy it. We took a video and I hope to post it soon as it is priceless. At one point I think he said "ICK" in a drawn out and long way. It made Drew and I laugh so hard. You have to remember that breastmilk is very sweet and the rice cereal, though mixed with the breastmilk, isn't. It actually smells and tastes like rice cakes in its dry form. We have added it to our evening routine before bed. So now he eats cereal, takes a much needed bath (due to the food), and then gets a baby lotion massage before getting into his pajamas. I can't say I have seen a difference yet in his sleeping nor have I seen any rashes or reactions to it but we did try to get a brand that is free of all allergic potentials and has probiotic added to it. I will use the HappyBaby brand for whatever I do not make myself as it seems to be in line with my diet preferences for Jaxon. I am going to attempt to make most of his food but I know that this may not happen all the time so this will be my back up plan.

Anyway...here are some pictures of his first time with cereal.







No comments: